It is raining awards this week! I am so happy right now.
I am more than honoured that the modern girl’s guide to being sick has nominated me for the Liebster Award. In her super-new blog, Lore is posting about different things such as beauty products and crafting. She is a very brave young lady holding her ground against three chronic medical conditions. This is already worth standing ovations! Hop over to her blog if you want to read more.
So what is the Liebster Award?
Similar to the Versatile Blogger Award, that I received earlier, this award is given from bloggers to bloggers. The idea behind this award is to welcome and recognize new bloggers (baby-bloggers, like me…) to the blogosphere (depending on the source, blogs with <200 or <1000 followers are considered NEW). Once the nominee has answered 11 questions, (s)he nominates another 11 bloggers, and comes up with 11 new questions. As these bloggers then do the same, it is kind of a chain letter.
This award is very special for me, because “Liebster” is german. In the context of blogging, the meaning is “favourite”. Thus, the Liebster Award is an award for one (or 11) of your favourite blogs.
1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer 11 question provided by the nominator.
3. Create your new set of 11 questions.
4. Nominate and link 11 other blogs (and let the nominees know they have been nominated)!
Those are the 11 questions Lore gave me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Like most bloggers out there, blogging primarily allows me to share my passion and meet like-minded people from all over the world. I still can not believe that readers from more than 40 countries have been visiting this site, so far!!! In addition to this, I also want to make a difference in my own way by inspiring people to sew and craft with or for kids.
2. What are you most proud of?
That’s simple: My son. I love him more than anything in this world! As a scientist I need to add that he is the best experiment I have ever started! 😉
3. What’s your favourite animal?
Polar bears or E. coli 😉
4. What’s your favourite book?
Water Music by T.C. Boyle.
5. What three things could you not live without?
Again, the tiny scientist sitting on my shoulder whispers: air, food, and water. 😉 But I guess this is not what you meant. Therefore, my second answer is: my son, my better half, and my crafting shelf.
6. What food do you dislike the most?
7. What was the first record/cd you bought?
I really do not remember.
8. What is your favourite time of the year and why?
Now that I am here in Canada it is Summer, simply because I love to go camping and canoeing. There is nothing better in this world than canoeing all day and resting over night in a tent on a lonely island with wolfs howling in the distance. Such days ground me.
9. If you could go back to anytime in history which time period would you choose?
That’s a good question. I am tempted to go back to a time when the dinosaurs still lived. Wouldn’t that be fantastic? I would also like to go AHEAD in time to see the future, though….
10. What is your favourite film genre?
I like any kind of science-fiction movies (whether real or animated)—complete with heroes, fantastic places, supernatural powers, and impossible quests.
11. What do you consider to be the greatest beauty product of all time?
Here are my 11 questions for you, nominees, to answer:
1. If you have to move to Mars and are allowed to bring only 3 things what would it be?
2. Would you stop working if you could live from blogging?
3. What are your life goals?
4. If you would be an animal in the jungle, which one would you be and why?
5. Would you survive one week without your cell phone?
6. Stairs or elevator?
7. What came first: chicken or egg?
8. How many types of love do exist?
9. What is the secret to happiness?
10. What languages do you speak and verstehst Du auch etwas Deutsch?
11. What does the name of your blog stand for?
Now comes the fun part. Congrats, fellow bloggers! I am glad you are blogging. Please keep up the extraordinary work.
And here are THE NOMINEES:
1. Holli from Hello Holli
2. Allison from Crochet for Days
3. Hali from softwearhacks
4. Kate from theunfinishedcrafter
5. Karen and Diane from myloveforcreativity
6. Ramona from Ramona Chrisstea
7. Becky from Beautiful Spill
8. Kate from bertie button
9. Jennifer from IreadIwriteIlove
Finally, I would like to nominate two more bloggers. For sure, you can not call them new bloggers anymore, because they have been blogging for a while now. They are just super creative and super awesome. 🙂
11. Holly from hamster and the bee
12. Jette from Super Mom (in German)
This makes 11 plus 1 out-of-sequence (because she posts in German) nominees. I have been notifying the lucky winners already. I am so excited to read their answers and their own nominees. 🙂
Please click here and leave a comment… Ich freue mich auch sehr über Kommentare auf Deutsch.