I am very pleased and honoured that Live-:)-life has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you, Shilpa! In her blog, Shilpa is dealing mainly with topics related to crafting, writing, and traveling. Despite the fact that Shilpa started to blog not earlier than in January this year, her blog stats give more than 11’000 hits already. Quite impressive! So please hop over to her blog if you want to read more.
What is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award?
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers. It recognizes bloggers who work hard to keep the blogosphere a beautiful place. Interestingly, I couldn’t find the origin of this award, which is why I will go basically with the rules provided by Shilpa:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
I found different rules for #4 of this award. Some bloggers state fun/hidden facts. Others write about 3 things that inspire them (thus the name of the award). As the “7 fun facts” are also part of the Versatile Blogger Award, I am going to tell you instead what inspires me. But if you are too curious, you can find my 7 hidden/fun facts here and here. 😉
The word inspiration stems from the Latin inspirare, meaning “to breathe into”. Here I am trying to explain which situations/sources burst my creativity.
1. My son – My son is probably my most important source of inspiration. His interests often determine the content of this blog. If he loves playing rooster over and over again, I am trying my best o make him a simple rooster costume consisting of a beak:
and a comb. If he needs a replenishment for his play shop, I try to come up with new items such as this complete sandwich set:
This does not mean that I answer every request. But it is really so much fun to design toys or cloths with and for him. In addition, I think it is a good experience for him to see how much work and time are required to make something.
2. Nature – You might have noticed already that I like to be in close touch with nature. I love any kind of outdoor sport (canoeing, hiking, running, biking, fishing etc.), camping, and observing animals in the wild. Outside I am still a kid at heart. If I see a super tiny streamlet somewhere in the forest, I love to dam it with stones, leaves and whatever is lying around, and to marvel at the ability of water to always find its way… On camping holidays we make lists with animals and plants that we saw/recognized. Impressions I made during these outdoor activities inspire me to “make” things from natural sources. One example is my Natural Toys Series. See the Lookout with stairs for instance:
or the Wooden Seesaw:
3. Waste Reduction – Sometimes I feel bad about throwing away a particular thing. My subconsciousness thinks about a way to recycle this item every time I see or touch it. As soon as I come up with an idea and realize it as a DIY project, I can sleep a tiny bit better… 😉 For instance, this has happened with the cute little egg cartons of this German chocolate company that colours all of their products in purple. I finally transformed them into new egg cartons for my son’s play shop (they are holding his wooden eggs now):
The same is true with any kind of colourful empty tetra packs, which I turned into adorable coin purses:
Here is the fun part—a list of blogs, that I love to check out now and then:
1. Sil from mauve cloud studio
2. Beth from After Dark Sewing
3. Mandana from Crafts and Travels
4. Staci from Crafty Staci
5. Amanda from Sew Deputy
6. Nello and Ruba from Yaansoon
7. Tabitha from The Sewing Nook
8. Bianca und Sabrina from Mamahoch2 (in German)
9. Schnabelina from Schnabelinas Welt (in German)
10. Corina from Einhörnchens kreative Welt (in German)
There are so many more fabulous blogs I could have given this award to… need more awards. 😉
I have realized earlier that not all bloggers want to add awards to their blogs. I’m nominating them anyway, because I think the purpose of these awards is not only to recognize the bloggers we admire, but to share their awesomeness with others. So accept it or not… 😉
And now I am going to notify the lucky winners that they have been awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award… 🙂
Please click here and leave a comment… Ich freue mich auch sehr über Kommentare auf Deutsch.